Friday, July 07, 2006

Mov Rev: Pirates of the Caribbean-Dead Mans Chest

Well here it is, one of my favourites for film of the year, and it hasn't disappointed. Definitely the best film this year, probably since King Kong. I was worried for the first 20 minutes or so, which seemed a bit contrived and didn't flow particularly well, but it seems they were getting all the 'what's happened since the last film' story out of the way. Once the main story kicks in and the action gets going the film is superb.
Captain Jack is fantastic, Orlando Bloom even seems more watchable than the first film and Bill Nighy as Davy Jones is amazing. In fact too many of the cast were too good, I can't mention them them all. The script is good, clever and funny, the action is amazing, costumes and settings are (un)believable (especially Davy Jones' crew - I never thought they'd beat the style of the undead pirates but I think they did).

A worthy sequel to the original, in my opinion.

14 out of 15 men on a dead mans chest... Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Better than every other film this year, not as good as the next in the trilogy (hopefully).

No comments: