Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Goodbye to an old friend..

After nearly 25,000 photos, the time has come for me to wave farewell to my trusty 350D camera.  It's been my trusty companion for three and a half years, as illustrated throughout this blog.  Carried everywhere, from my first ever digital snaps onwards it's been there with me to see winter sunrises, wild animals, far away shores and many, many moments in time, captured forever.  It survived freezing mornings, pouring rain, the odd knock, mists of sea-spray, condensation and endless dust and dirt, to which I salute it and wish it many more happy years of use.

With great thanks to my mum, I have a new toy to play with!  An all new Canon EOS 50D.  With several years development and a whole level of advancement over the 350D it's quality, functions, ergonomics and performance has impressed me a lot, even in the few days I've owned it. 


I am going to be upgrading to Windows 7 this week, so it may be a little while until I have some sample photos posted, but once they're processed they will start appearing here soon.

No comments: