Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reversal


A blood red Sun falls from the sky silhouetting an old oak and a distant pylon.
Originally consigned to the scrap pile because of the power lines, but I've just about managed to convince myself it adds interest - a contrast of mankinds thirst for energy and it's love of nature. Nice colours anyway! In fact the Sun was far redder in reality, but hard to re-create that without making the image look too false.

ISO100, 400mm, 1/100s, f/6.3
Colour adjustment, saturation, graduated levels


2 comments:

coral-seas said...

Glad you didn't confine it to the waste bin. I for one was pleased to see it. I kinda like power lines even though there are some views I would prefer without them.

We have had some wonderful sunsets recently but I've never been in the right place at the right time to attempt a pic!

Mark said...

Spring and autumn are usually best for good sunrise/sets, but like you say, it's all about getting out somewhere to make the most of them.

Made a promise to myself to get out to some more scenic places for at least a few more this year, only time will tell how successful it works out though..