Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nice weather for ..

ISO1600, 300mm, 1/320s, f/8, -1/3ev, noise reduction, cropped

I'm not sure I'll ever get comfortable with letting more than a few rain drops fall on my camera, even with weather sealed L lenses on it, but with no umbrella available (or my rain cover safely left back at home?!) a few riverside trees enabled me to get a few rainy shots while I was waiting for my MoT yesterday. An eye catch-light, bubbles, raindrops, splashing droplets and water dripping of the beak making this one the pick of the batch.

2 comments:

Dave F Barker said...

Nice shot Mark,

I never trust it being weather sealed in the rain, although Im sure it does work just never fancied testing it out LOL

Mark said...

Reminds me - I really must check the small print on my insurance that rain ingress is included in the "liquid damage" part of my cover.

Camera took another minor splattering of rain yesterday too. Got caught out by the rain and sheltered under a tree - spent the time trying to ramp up the shutter speed enough to freeze the falling rain, but without a flashgun I was unsuccessful. :)