Monday, February 13, 2012

Robins in the snow

ISO1600, 400mm, 1/400s, f/5.6, noise reduction

Taken on a wander at the weekend, since all the robins around home seem to have taken to the recent trend of singing and interacting at night, even though it's not exactly a noisy metropolis.

ISO200, 350mm, 1/500s, f/5.6, +0.3ev, cropped

Another taken in a passing patch of Sun, it's near side eye was in the shade, but as it turned it's head just before leaving, I capturing the catch light in its eye and a more interesting pose.

It's nice to at finally have something to blog, after getting out for a Sunrise that turned out to be un-inspiring and setting up for a steam locomotive panoramic, only for the train not to show, has led to a bit of a gap in the photographic flow here. Especially frustrating at this time of year when there's a fantastic sunrise burning the sky, I even have my camera with me, but I'm going in the door to work. I think of all the places I could have made the most of the moment - photographers curse.

Happy Valentines Day to all!

I will post again soon...

1 comment:

Dave F Barker said...

Lovely shots Mark :)