Sunday, January 27, 2013

Nothing quite like a January morning in the lakes

Two more shots from the Lakes, the first of Ashness bridge, lit up by the Sun, just creeping around to shine down into the valley.  Photographed many, many times, but I couldn't resist with the distant snow, glowing amber bracken and pure azure skies.

The second is another single frame of the northern fells from the slopes of Skiddaw, my primary
thought was to capture the sunrise Sun and mist in my previously posted panorama, but I like
this composition too.  Looking like serious mountains with the snowy peaks, with the silhouetted misty treeline in the foreground, then leading diagonally up to the glowing sunlit snow in the distance as a focal point I think it balances simplicity, structure and interest.  I'd consider a crop of some of the left side and sky, but left it "straight from camera" instead, since I'm attempting to lean away from Photoshop as much as possible these days.


Ashness bridge Jan 2013
ISO100, 32mm, 1/50s, f/9, -1.3ev, tripod, mirror lockup, cable release, circular polariser, levels

Misty Mountains
ISO100, 105mm, 1/200s, f/9, -1ev

No comments: