Thursday, July 25, 2013

Notes from the riverbank



Just a quick note to mention that I have just discovered the B&H Youtube channel, which is great and has a lot of really interesting content to watch.  I'm not advertising the store, don't think I've ever ordered from them, but the channel is worth mentioning:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BHPhotoVideoProAudio

Project KFC is going well, some more shots which I will post soon - including some nice Buzzard and Kestrel photos too.  Unfortunately seen a Sparrow Hawk along the river too, which isn't ideal since they predate Kingfishers, so at the very least it will make the little fellows a bit more nervous. 

I did however great very lucky and spotted the resident Otter!!  It swam right below me against the near-side bank of the river, so I couldn't get a shot, but amazing to see one so local.  Only time will tell how lucky I was or whether they are active a lot around that stretch of river.

While I'm rambling, I just wanted to point out that the "Kingfisher calling" shot, wasn't me disturbing the bird - as it might be easy to think, I was quite a way off and he was quite happy to sit on the log and have a wash before he sauntered off.  The last thing I want to be doing while I try and figure out where they're fishing is scare them off.

Starting to get a good idea of which direction they are coming in from and where they like to fish etc.  So hopefully I can start setting up properly and see what I can get.  Worst case I get to chill out sat by a beautiful river for a few hours, so as long as I'm not disturbing the birds, it's all good really... especially if I get to see the Otter again!

No comments: