Tuesday, August 05, 2014

More Summer

 
Two things I don't do often .. crop square and use fill flash on macro shots, both in one blog post!
Top shot is another composite of two exposures shot with bracketing - loving so many of the elements in this image - the benefits of still images allowing for the viewer (including me) to soak up all the details and subtle sunlit details.
 
The second is just a shot of a bee in the garden on an overcast day using my semi-swanky new flash.. So much nicer than the old Canon flash that did a good job of putting me off of using it much!
If you can't afford high end Canon, I heartily encourage buying high end Yongnuo over a low end Canon, even if they don't end up lasting as long.



Treelined Sunset
ISO8000 (?!?), 18mm, f/11, composite of two bracketed exposures
Cropped, noise reduction 

Natural colour popping
ISO400, 105mm, f/9, 1/200s, flash!

No comments: