Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Primal 50


So, for the first time in quite a while, I have a new lens!
With less landscapey pics going on at the moment and not being able to afford any kind of prime 600mm wildlife lens, it is my second prime lens purchase (to go along with my Canon 135mm f/2.0) .. a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art series lens.

So.. since I swapped to a full frame sensor, my 16-35 is now super wide, even at 35mm ... and I miss some of the old ~25-50mm range that the lens had on my old APS-C sensor (1.6x crop factor).

This new beast is also f/1.4, so super fast, even compared to my f/2,8 lenses - which I always considered reasonably fast anyway.  The pay off for being super quick, super sharp and super sexy? Weight!  It feels like a solid block of metal - since surely not even glass can weigh this much?!

Anyway, all that lovely sharp quickness (no-one said this was going to be a technical review!) is going to be just perfect for street wandering, event snapping, wedding capturing and low light gathering.

See full size demo image below of Weston-Super-Mare pier for sharpness at f/8.

I'm off to start saving for a 600mm prime wildlife lens!....



ISO100, 50mm, f/8, 1/200s

No comments: