Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Digital Photos

These are a few of my photos I've taken in the last couple of months since I switched from my old film SLR to a digital SLR...


Rain is one of my favourite subjects and I find it pretty challenging most of the time, I like this rippling puddle and country lane shot, the contrasting light levels and sky reflecting in the water makes for quite a nice photo I think.

Kind of annoying this next Fox photo; I was out trying out my old Sigma lenses on my 350D saw these pair sat in a field but my 70-200 Sigma just didn't want to work (needs to be chipped). I took this on an 80mm and have had to zoom and crop the image heavily in photoshop. If only I had my new Canon zoom lens it could have been one of my best photos. (I was taking this from a raised old railway track, they were frozen in the field and I feel I could well have gotten down the slope for a more ground level shot too) .

Two experimental shots next, one of a houseplant which I just love the transparency of the sunlight through the leaves and the over-exposed background. The other is one of my cats called Pip, always the comsumate poser this photo kind of sums up his cheekiness prefectly (bit of a cluttered background and harsh flashlight though - all a learning process).




The last one is Wiltshires only working windmill, the photo came out quite sharp and taken at something like f/22 it has great texture on the grassy field leading up to the windmill. The cloud shadows on the sunny field make it a bit more layered also. There is just something nice and fresh and simple about it, maybe just me but I like it. I'm not a big fan of editing my photos in photoshop, but I'm tempted to remove the bushes on the horizon to make it a cleaner picture.

No comments: