Friday, May 26, 2006

Mov Rev: The Da Vinci code

One of the toughest movies to make - a mutli-million selling book most people know the story already and have formed their images of the characters etc. I think they pulled it off pretty well. Being more interested in history than religion I find it all intriguing, not entirely believable but then I think that about most religious text too.


Tom Hanks was watchable (not really a big fan apart from Road to Perdition, Saving Private Ryan and Forest Gump - pun intended) but the rest of the cast were very good I thought. I think the script at the start favours a book rather than a film and it was a little bit slow at some points for a long(ish) film. Overall though I quite liked the book and this is a good representation of that.

8 out of 13

Better than National Treasure, not as good as Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

No comments: