Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mov Revs

Cloverfield - HDR in movie form. From the dazzling highlights to the deep lowlights, the contrast of this film makes it quite difficult for me to tell if I liked it or hated it overall. I did like the beasts and the effects are stunning, but the characters and action interspersing scenes just missed my interest zone completely. Switching from fantastic action to waffly and boring scenes makes for good dynamics, but for me just watered down the experience.

$9million out of $15million.


Juno - Excellent. Just about on the American Beauty side of the chick flick border, I think it's safe for me to say it was great! Good storyline, great acting, well cast and well put together. If it kept me interested and entertained then it's done a good job as I was expecting to stereotypically not like it. Recommended.

$6million out of $6.5million.

No comments: