Sunday, March 30, 2008

Strumble Head

Finally my photos from Strumble Head lighthouse, Pembrokeshire from last weekend.

Friday sunset

Stormy saturday morning

It was very windy with the cold north wind hitting the north facing coastline, crashing waves smashing up a haze of sea spray. These pictures were taken from the relative shelter of an old military bunker turned birdwatching hide, it's a good angle, but would have been nice to find a new angle without risk of being blown off the cliffs.

2 comments:

Helen said...

my goodness! did you use a filter for that sunset? fantastic pic

Mark said...

Hi Helen, thanks! I don't own any filters yet, but the sunset photos are both a combination of 2 exposures, one for the foreground and one for the sky, merged in photoshop. Just like a digital version of an ND grad filter really. Hopefully I will get some filters soon though, so I can start doing it "properly".