Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Polariser and wanderings..


I bought a circular polariser for my new lens last week and with some blue skies about at the weekend did a few quick tests (left without polariser - right with). I'm liking it a lot and it's a bit weird to see the clouds pop out of the sky as I turn the filter into alignment.

Late mating dragonflies in flight.







European Hornets nest (one of two I've spotted). Curiously one nest seems quite agressively defended, while this one is happy to let you get fairly close. They're pretty big (about 30-40mm long), impressive to see flying around.

3 comments:

Helen said...

god ur brave! I remember a pal sitting on one of those... they're huge and very painful

Anonymous said...

happy birthday mark!!!!! hope you have a peaceful day without my sister!! xx

Mark said...

Very peaceful thanks! :)