Monday, December 21, 2009

London calling..

Spotlit graffiti covered skate park. Plenty of hoodies and skaters abound, but none of their blurred movement was particularly pleasing and this turned out to be my best shot. Nice lighting, plenty of detail, great colours and pleased with my composition.


One of a sequence of hand held, long(ish) exposures I took trying to get something a bit different in a popular tourist spot. It was going to be of a Japanese tourist taking a photo with a point and click camera, but they pointed, clicked and were off in a blur! I still like the tones and movement in the shot though.

Metal underground. Again taken by accident almost, I spotted the great flooring lit really nicely and waited for a gap in the commuters to take a clean shot of the floor, when it dawned on me that the people passing by and their shadows and reflections actually add to the shot.


Fresh roasted chestnuts and toffee apples. Night-time market seller, again nicely lit and plenty of detail.



Dappled light on a grey squirrel in Hyde park. They are practically tame and I got several close up shots, but I like the light on this one (Sunlight wasn't exactly common place on this wintery day).
It also shows the bokeh (background lens blur) of my 100-400 lens on the new 50D sensor, a 1000% nicer than when using it on my old 350D! Hoorah!




No comments: