Thursday, December 03, 2009

Opportunity Knocks..

In a happy twist of fate I find myself driving to work half an hour earlier than I need to be, with my camera on the passenger seat and passing flooded fields below an amazing pre-Sunrise sky. With the car parked in a layby, I breathe in the freezing air as I hop a farmers gate (no-one around to ask - looked like a common path though). Mist hovers over the distant flood waters as the Sun warms the air, fences submerge and trees wade up to their trunks in swirling water. I spot a lone Oak tree looking particularly photogenic and head over frosted grass and iced puddles to isolate it from power lines and more visually challenged trees. Holding my breath and bracing my cold hands I take the shot, then head off to work, some days I love commuting ..


No comments: