Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dirty screw

Not exactly in-keeping with my current trend for landscapes, nature and wildlife, it's a gritty, abstract macro shot today. Taken with my trusty Sigma 105mm Macro lens in my garden, after wandering around and being dismayed that all the flowers had died off I found myself determined to find something that would make a good image. Sometimes my favourite photos are taken this way, with a little perseverance and pushing my eye for a shot beyond my imagination.

Pretty much straight from camera this one with just some sharpening. Since the weather was wet and cloudy, but bright, it already had the great contrast with the help of -1 ev exposure compensation. An f/2.8 shallow depth of field thanks to the lens and lots of great texture and subdued colour thanks to the subject.

No comments: