Monday, May 02, 2011

Bank Holiday 4

ISO100, 105mm, 1/640s, f/5.6, -1 2/3ev, cropped, levels, desaturated background

A male Orange Tip butterfly on bluebells.
A personal favourite of mine, this butterfly, with glorious colour and details, especially in contrast to the cool blues of the Spanish bluebell. Not as close as I would have liked, but with the Sun shining down full strength he was far too active and I was pleased to have grabbed this effort.

Taken using my usual evaluative metering, but with those highly reflective white wings I dialled down -1 & 2/3 ev exposure compensation to avoid burning out the details. However, I then burned the highlights back out a little in photoshop anyway as it looked a lot more natural than the original exposure curve.

Hope everyone had a great bank holiday! Roll on the next one..

No comments: