Saturday, March 31, 2012

Playing with fire


Playing with incense smoke for an hour last week.  I was attempting a slightly different idea, but that didn't work out, so I decided to just go ahead with some normal smoke trails anyway.  I usually like the simpler compositions of this type of image, but I like elements of each of these exposures and they worked best as a merge, rather than a quad.  I find it quite a mesmerising image following all the smooth curves, spirals and coils, hopefully all the details outweigh its busy composition

ISO100, 29mm, f/5.6, flash, levels, noise reduction, cropped, 4 exposures

ISO100, 29mm, f/5.6, flash, noise reduction, cropped

Smoking girl with a curl
The second image is a freak smoke formation of an 50's movie star, 
complete with arms, curly hair, dress, shawl, neck and nose.


1 comment:

John said...

Great shots Mark, particularly like the first one, despite the cool image the bottom one has created!