Friday, March 23, 2012

Warm up


Dismayed with my continuing lack of photographic inactivity I decided to get my motor running last night and headed out to the highway, looking for adventure and whatever came my way. Rather predictably it was a highway full of cars and not much else, not a single lit up church or patch of clear sky in sight. So I decided to just do a practice run of a straight forward light trail, which turned out to be warranted, as I had forgotten to pack my head torch and tripod mounting plate?! Rusty to say the least. So with my camera bungeed to the tripod I fumbled around in the dark and took a few shots, using the distant glow of Bristol to brighten the dull sky. Lessons learned and brain refreshed, hopefully I'll get somewhere slightly more exciting sometime soon ...

ISO100, 16mm, f/8, 90 seconds, tripod, cable release, mirror lockup


2 comments:

John said...

I really like this Mark - love light trails!!

Angela said...

If you want a church try Biddestone, I was there last Friday night and the church was lovely lit up in the dark, have no idea if they do this every day though