Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Floods, fields of gold and a supermoon.

Flood creating white water as it crashes straight over flood defences.  I took a few slow speed shots, but this one had the best details and painted quality.

ISO100, 35mm, f/22, 1/6s


Fields of gold, as rape seed laps up the weather for a bumper crop.  
I shot from this same spot a few weeks back, but never posted. I felt the hedge lines, tractor crop lines and old style telegraph poles added flow and interest, but it was still lacking.  However this time the sky was a lot more interesting, the flowers were denser and I had time to wait a while for a splash of sunlight to break through to add contrast and depth.

ISO100, 24mm, f/10, 1/160s, -0.6ev, circular polariser, cropped, levels

Any grand plans I had for the weekends' Super Moon were scuppered by cloud unfortunately, 
but I still like the colours and detail enough to blog it as a "nice failure".

ISO1600, 400mm, f/5.6, 1/250s, -0.6ev, noise reduction, levels, cropped, vignette

No comments: