Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Going with the flow


If there's one photo cliché that I find hard to resist it's flowing water and long shutter speeds.  
Without my tripod and ND filter I resorted to ISO100 and the narrowest aperture which isn't ideal for lens performance, but it worked well enough - one of the few times when a "fast" lens (16-35mm f/2.8 II) is a drawback.  Hopefully the next waterfall photos I post will have been done properly!!

I bracketed three exposures to keep the sky from being totally burned out (could have done with wider bracket though).  Half a second for the main exposure created a nice level of blur and I managed to hold it pretty still even without any Image Stabilisation on my lens.  

A nice image, but can't help feeling it would be a great scene for a themed portrait shoot, 
maybe a medieval maiden shot in the style of John William Waterhouse.

ISO100, 16mm, f/22, 1/2s, -1ev

No comments: