Thursday, May 30, 2013

Uninspired

 
Well, turns out the events I visited over the weekend, although enjoyable were not particularly inspiring to my shutter finger unfortunately.  I think it was a mixture of things not being as photogenic and having photographed them many times before.  The local festival has lost its main sponsor since they were bought out by a foreign company and it all seemed worryingly lacking.
 
As it turns out, I ended up doing a familiar style shot of Gloucester Cloisters - there are many like it, but this one is mine .. I did at least try and add a kind of mirror image effect between the window and aisle.  Even the 16-35mm wasn't wide enough to grab this in one shot on my APSC sensor, so this is a composite of 5 portrait shots with a bit of straightening, noise reduction and cropping.
 
 
ISO1600, 16mm, f/9, 1/13mm, -1.6ev, composite, noise reduction, cropped

No comments: