Sunday, October 04, 2015

Gardening


 
So having spent the year so far renovating the garden and building a pond, the least I could do was snap a few pics of the wildlife that's already moving in..
 
First off is one of the hundreds of spiders, not the biggest, but one of those crazy marking ones .. (I'm not an arachni-expert).  Shot with flash against a moody sky, straight from camera.
 
Next up is a shield bug up close, almost didn't post, but just about good enough to make the cut .. again, he was fine with me using a little fill flash..
 
Last up, a European Otter!!  Ok .. so this isn't in our pond (yet) .. taken at the New Forest Wildlife Sanctuary during a recent family visit.  I thought I'd sneak it into this post to get it up into the webisphere.


ISO400, 105mm, f/8, 1/640s, on camera flash, ambient -2ev


ISO400, 105mm, f/10, 1/200s, on camera flash, cropped

ISO400, 400mm, f/5.6, 1/400s, -1ev

No comments: