Monday, October 19, 2015

Lacock Abbey Cloisters

 
Living right next to Lacock Abbey and with it being the home of negative film photography as we know it - http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lacock/visitor-information/article-1355821041895/
... it's not a surprise that it was one of the first places I took my old Canon 350D + 17-85mm lens, back in the day.  I recall being frustrated at not being able to get enough of the cloisters in the frame and vowed to go back when I had the necessary kit..  so, about 8 years on, now armed with a full frame body and 16-35mm it's about as wide as it gets without getting all fishy eyed.  Not exactly perfect either at high ISO (no tripod) and aspect ratio correction done in post-processing ... maybe when I get a tilt-shift lens I'll go back again ..
 
I'd like to say I planned the shot to be taken on a quiet day, not many tourists, ideal time of day with the Sun just in the right spot to cast it's rays in the right angles, but honesty is apparently a virtue and it was by happy co-incidence .. and about 10 minutes waiting around for a break in the flow of Harry Potter fans passing by to grab this.  I took a few variants, but for me the direct Sunlight through the window really gives the image a boost.
 
A little dismayed that I was too old, big and ugly to join in with the Wizard School event apparently (maybe if they'd had Hagrid school...), I moved on, content with making it look deserted on such a busy day.
 
 
 
ISO3200, 16mm, f/8, 1/250s, -1ev, noise reduction, aspect ratio correction, levels, curves

No comments: