Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Wild January

 
First post of the year .. what can I say, I no longer have enough spare time to waste these days!
A selection of the photos plucked from the stack I've got piling up to process, including photos from a wedding!? 
 
Top one is a bit of an abstract wildlife shot, the deer was way, way too far away for a photo in usual circumstances, but with the stripes of snow settled in the furrows of the banked field behind, I kind of liked it.  Immediately turned it black and white, but then chose not to, that hint of pale colour actually highlights how bleakly wintery the day was.
 
Shot on the same day, the hare photo is a happy coincidence, rather than a carefully stalked shot.  Again sat in the middle of a field, however I was able to hang around, just chilling out together for a bit until the sunset light started beaming out, just to add something to what is again, not a composition that is exactly going to set the world alight.
 
.. and a couple of Robin shots I've managed to pick up along the way.  Top one is quite nice and clean, getting my elbows dirty to get down low.  While the second has hale stones pinging off the Robins head, just for a slight comedy edge!
 
 
ISO400, 560mm, f/8, 1/640s, +0.3ev


ISO400, 560mm, f/8,1/640s, +0.6ev

ISO5000, 400mm, f/5.6, 1/320s

ISO5000, 400mm, f/5.6, 1/320s, -0.6ev
 
 


No comments: