Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Light Scuplture

2 shots today, showing off a little sunlight manipulation.  The first is the product of a car boot challenge to buy something cheap and photograph it, for which I bought an old magnifying glass.  Plenty of scope for all sorts of photos, but I chose in the end to go for the old heart-shaped-shadow-in-a-book-spine trick.  Not overly a fan of copying others ideas, but I liked the way it worked as an element of this composition of real flowers laid on a flower book. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This one a plant that collects rain and dew within its leaves, growing in a pot I was able to move it into some dappled light and shadow. With such extremely bright sunlight I bracketed 3 exposures (using evaluative metering) and ended up using -1 2/3 ev.
RAW processed with a sprinkling of contrast and saturation to bring the image back to life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feeling spoilt with this post, my favorite book and my favorite leaf diamonds too :) I will have to play catch up with the carboot challenge now though.....Thank you for a lovely post X