Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Puffin posers

Skomer Island!  After a couple of failed attempts over the last few years I finally made it over on the boat to spend a couple of hours with the puffins!  It is amazing there and can't wait to go back again.  Lots of other great wildlife abound too, but as you might be able to discern, I concentrated on the Puffins for my first trip...

Like inverted Lemmings they pop up over the cliff edges and plop down with the gracelessness of a bird that spends it life on the sea.  Very endearing and photogenic!


Spring cleaning (I think)
A Puffin burrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They have turned out fantastic, you have captured those little fluffs just right :) love the expressions on those sweet little faces and you get a real feel for their clumsy, awkward, wonderful nature. easily one of my favorites. Puffin power! well done, hope we get back there soon :) x