Friday, September 04, 2009

Failures, ideas and missed opportunities

With another weekend approaching and hesitant promises of some sunny weather from the weatherman, hopefully I shall get some more chances to takes photos over the next couple of days.  Until then here are a few pics from the last few weeks that  I've not posted for a variety of reasons (besides not being up to scratch)...

Peeling paint, I liked the texture and shape of it, but just too boring on it's own.. had an idea to use it as a background sky to a staged skyline of miscellaneous items, but we'll see...

A wonky St Cyriacs church, Lacock.  I had a great chance to get up in the bell ringers messenine to take this shot, nice bright-cloudy light through the windows too, but managed to take the shot off-center.  Another lesson learned.. never rely on church archetecture being aligned precisely!  

Note that this was taken handheld using ISO 800, so was fairly grainy in the dark areas, I used a tool called Neat Image to remove the noise, you need to buy a license for it, but it works really well.  There are some free noise reduction tools, but I haven't used them, so can't really say if it's worth it though.

Black cat waiting to be let in..  it's an okay shot, I like the lighting and colours, the pose is okay, but I missed the best shot of him/her sat looking up at the door because I had put my camera back in the bag.  Yet another lesson to keep my camera ready and show a little more patience!  (and to take no notice of people around me thinking I'm weird, taking cat photos across a fairly busy town center street with my huge "look at me I'm a pro" grey 100-400 lens!)
.
.

Lastly a wheelbarrow sat at the end of a country garden path.  A fairly rustic, but simple shot with depth of field and the path line to lead the eye.  Just thought I'd post this one as it's been floating around in my "maybe" folder a few weeks.

No comments: