Friday, September 04, 2009

News, Updates and Criminal TV

Canon are nearing the release of the new 7D DSLR towards the end of september.  Looking very nice, with handy built in digital spirit level tool, HD video, "environment proofing", -/+ 8 exposure compensation, 8 fps processing, a 100% 1.0x magnification viewfinder and attractive looking tech specs.  It's aimed at wildlife and sports photographers who have been drooling over the 5D mkII, but don't want to loose the extra zoom of an APS-C sensor.  It does indeed fit that spot very well and now provides a nice dilemma for photographers that want to shoot both wide landscapes and wildlife!!  


Talking of kit, I have updated my old webpage with some of my new gadgets - or at least all the things I've added to my kit since I last updated it about 2 years ago!  Note that it's really only written for Internet Explorer using my limited experience of javascript, transparent PNG's and CSS z-index levels.  Firefox, Chrome, Opera and the like will more than likely mangle it...


.. hopefully I'll get the rest of the page updated one day too!

Lastly, a brief and envy fueled comment on the BBC's Wildest Dreams programme that ended wednesday... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lw1ls. ...wilderbeast manure!  The wrong person won, and I shall be very very cross if this kind of mistake occurs in the next series and they deprive me of my rightful spot on the BBC Natural History unit!  :) 

No comments: