Monday, September 07, 2009

My point of view...

A productive photo weekend, considering I didn't make my usual pilgrimage to the Dorset Steam Rally. First off, 2 shots from a local car boot sale, broken pocket watches, now only measuring time in rust and decay rather than seconds and hours.



.
.
.
.
.
Strong morning sun backlighting this flower adds punch and depth.

.
.
.
.
The same strong side lighting put to good use with some native 8 legged critters.  Unusually static for macro subjects, I got to carefully position the camera on my tripod for nice controllable settings without having to hold my breath to avoid camera shake!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Local church carvings: a nice low exposure pic (taken manual mode - more than -2ev), capturing the glancing light and texture of the wood grain.

Another wooden statue with sinister looking cracks and scars, adding another level to this already photogenic figure, taken with shallow depth of field (f/2.8) to emphasise the face.

No comments: